Wednesday, February 29, 2012

My Aunt Chloe

I found these pictures in a box of old photo I got from my dad, Ernest Edwin Merrill. My memories of Helen Clorine Merrill go way back.We called her Aunt Chloe but others called her Grandma Richy or Mountain Grandma. She was the oldest of 12 children born to William Oliver Merrill and Pyrena Packer. She was named after her fathers sister Clorissa Cyrenna Merrill or her Aunt Chloe. Chloe married lley Duke Richardson and had four children. I always remember her being a great cook. There was always Merrill beans cooking on her stove. Merrill beans I learned as I got older were just pinto beans, but there were extra good.
 
This picture is Aunt Chloe serving food to her brother Floyd. Coy Maize is in the background. The food sure looks good.
Aunt Cloie is on the far left. Her husband Duke Richardson was a miner. I don't know who these other woman are.

No comments: